Tuesday, December 15, 2009

hats hats hats...



I will be the first to admit that I have an unhealthy obsession with hats…beanies, tams, headbands, scarves…the lot. And the fact that I can make them myself immensly appeals to me. Although I’m only a fledgling at making hats, I do enjoy it. So i’m off on the (hopefully) long journey which will lead me to a large closet full of hats…
The little jester hat was my first ever knitted hat. I knitted it in two halves so it was an easy first project. The little blue hat was a fun little project…this was my first attempt at cable knitting (it was a great success). I made it in the 6-9 month size but it only just fits (hehehe a great excuse to make another). It’s still a great hat. The orange elf hat is the most recent hat I’ve made for Cy. It was my first project on circular and dpn. Towards the end I got a bit tired of the dpns but it was a good project to learn on…and it looks awesome! The last one I made for myself! I’ve been dying to try my hand at a calorimetry for ages. This one ended up a bit big large because of the wool I used but it still looks funky and is comfy and warm. Will definitely be making more of these…


2 comments:

  1. I really want a hat like the first one. so darn adorable.

    ReplyDelete