Saturday, February 20, 2010

all by myself...

Well...for the past 2 weeks I have been a mum & just a mum. Every morning (which starts at about 11-11.30am lately) when Cy wakes up, I have the morning ritual of getting a bottle ready, putting on little-foot, and doing a quick clean before he is ready to play. Then we play together & read books until lunch (which for Cy is about 3pm!) And then we make lots of mess because he is learning to feed himself. But it is rewarding and fun.

Until he is tired. And then over tired. And then super over tired (I-don't-wanna-play-or-read-books-or-watch-TV-I-just-wanna-sleep-but-I'm-not-gonna mode). Then all hell breaks loose and my sweet little angel becomes a toy-throwing, angry, tired little devil. And this is when he ends up hurting himself. The other day he was in IDWPORBOWTIJWSBING mode, and he grabbed his box of legos, tipped them all over the ground and stomped on them. This is when he fell. He slipped on a lego and went eye-first into the corner of a cabinet. I was terrified. All that went through my head was 'brain damage' & 'blindness'. Luckily it didn't end up bad, he is fine but has a mark on his face. :(

But this is becoming an every day occurrence. Nothing I can do can put him to sleep during the day. He seems to wait for hubby to come home and then settles in for a nap. I have tried everything and each time I have come back to the same conclusion....bubble-wrapped baby. xP

3 comments:

  1. poor little Cy. Glad you guys are enjoying your time together though. Despite the cranky tiredness.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and I started a beauty blog if you want to check it out...

    http://lustforpretty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete