Thursday, March 18, 2010

emotion is an amazing thing...

Well, we went to the video store the other night, and because I absolutely LOVE Stephen King books and movies, I bought Pet Sematary. Now I read the book (for the 4th time) a couple of months ago, so I should know the story line. But nothing prepared me for the flood of emotion that swept through me in the first 5 mins of the movie.

If you want to read the book/watch the movie look away now, or I'm just about to spoil it for you.

Basically there's a man, his wife, young daughter and a cute little boy. The boy is the same age as Cy is now. They move into a house right by a busy road that lots of BIG trucks use all hours of the day and night. Well the little boy gets hit by a truck and killed.


I didn't even get to that stage, I saw the opening sequence of the movie where the baby is toddling around the yard nakey except for a nappy and stops a meter from the road to wave (in that cute little floppy arm way) at a massive truck as it plows down the road so fast you can see the bub's lovely little curls flying around in the breeze.

I turned it off. I physically cannot watch it, and I don't think I will be able to until Cy is 6 years old. Maybe not even then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment