Monday, March 07, 2011

adventuous afternoon of baby gating...

Lately Cy has gotten into the habit of running into the bedroom and ripping his nappy and or pants off and jumping into bed (all the while yelling 'CHEEKY GUY!'), the furthest he gets before one of us runs in there and grabs him is the pillows, but that's too far!!! Needless to say we have had some messy situations that have left me wondering why in gods name he goes for the pillows every time.

So I came up with the genius idea of making a temporary baby gate so that when Cy is in this nappy-removing mood we can cordon the bedroom off. I spent most of the afternoon cutting up an old skirt, sewing edges, punching in metal eyelets and drilling into the wall. This was the result....



And it worked!!! I was so proud of my efforts, and as Cy contemplated the gate I was smugly wondering why I had never thought of this before...


And then................


Sigh....Back to the drawing board....

3 comments:

  1. this made me laugh so much!!! gorgeous boy! he looks like some little 70's child in his overalls. Too cute!
    maybe if you attached a piece of wood or metal or something to the bottom of the gate so it can't fold up so he can't get under?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I'm glad you got a laugh out of it. :D
    Those overalls are really cute and they are great for when he's in those nakey moods. :P
    I'm going to put a piece of dowel top and bottom and i think that will solve it. Hopefully!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is classic! I have never been able to child proof anything successfully, boys are just determined little things!

    ReplyDelete